Monday, October 26, 2009

I am not (expletive deleted) crotchety!

Recently I created this blog to blow off steam. People's reactions were varied. Some said they liked what I had to say. Others had very different reactions. One firefighter that I work with said, "I saw your rant. Wow, you are angry. No not angry, crotchety." Crotchety. Me, CROTCHETY!! Now you listen here kid... I am not ***** crotchety. He looked at me as if to say I had just proven his point.

Perhaps my previous post was a bit negative. There are far more good things about Waterbury than bad. I shouldn't let my ranting, as it has been called, make people think that I am really down on my home town. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Perhaps my favorite thing about The Brass City is the many, and varied groups and associations that make up it's population. There are neighborhood groups (both formal and informal). Groups of people that work for a common cause or just get together to socialize. There is not a day that goes by that I don't run into someone from the neighborhood that I grew up in, from the schools that I had attended throughout my life, people that I was in the Boy Scouts with or whom I played little league baseball with.

Church groups, ethnic groups, musicians, artists, and so many more make this vibrant city what it is. Waterbury is where I grew up and where I live now. I am proud to call it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment